By our amazing Esthetician Sarah Lucius!
First and foremost, when it comes to pregnancy skincare, it’s always best to consult with your OBGYN.
However, as a general rule of thumb, there are certain ingredients and/or treatments we just don’t touch when you’re growing a baby. Here is a list of some to absolutely avoid, along with some that CAN be used with clearance from your OBGYN.
Here is a rundown of Skincare I’ve kept the same + changed for pregnancy.
• Double cleansing every night. Using One Love Organics Vitamin B cleanser to remove makeup rather than using my ZOE plus sonic cleanser + ZO gentle cleanser to cleanse the skin.
• ZO Skin health exfoliating polish to remove dead skin cells, Improve skin texture, & enhance cell turnover.
• Zo Calming toner to reduce excess oil production and calm the skin.
• Next step- applying Skinbetter Alto defense to even skin tone, reduce redness, and restore hydration.
• PRO TIP!!! PRESS serums into the skin; don’t rub. You’ll get better absorption, and you’ll actually use less product.
• Next- Skinbetter interfuses treatment Eye helps improve skin texture under the eye and plumps the skin.
• Then, Skinbetter Trio rebalancing moisture treatment. This is great anti-aging, ultra-hydrating, anti-inflammatory, and barrier repairing!!
•Exfoliating using enzymes
• Applying Vitamin C
• SPF SPF SPF EVERYDAY RAIN OR SHINE
• Lactic acid
• Chemical peels (although lactic is an exception)
•Laser hair removal
• Dihydroxyacetone (DHA, found in self-tanners)
• Chemical SPF like oxybenzone
Need a Skincare Ånalysis?
We can assess your skin at New Skin Medical Augusta and help you determine the best treatments and skincare products for you during and after pregnancy! Give us a call at 706-535-5548 or fill out the form below, and we’ll reach out to you!